Support for HiDPI display is missing

Report a bug or a problem.
McNetic

Support for HiDPI display is missing

Post by McNetic »

Hello,

I'm just beginning to try your tool, but on first start it appears that support for HiDPI displays is missing. On my 4K display, some UI elements (especially the title bar, menu bar and menus, and the heading of the listviews) are (nearly unusably) small, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

There is a workaround: If I go to the properties of the .exe File, then to "High DPI Settings" (not sure if this is the exact title in english, as I have a german windows version), I can check the first checkbox and apply settings "when opening this program". I think, however, that the program should handle this natively, especially for less tech savvy users.
Attachments
godfather hidpi.jpg
godfather hidpi.jpg (301.46 KiB) Viewed 7441 times

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Support for HiDPI display is missing

Post by jtclipper »

Some controls don't scale as they should, it's a known issue
The tool used to build the application is Delphi 10.1, later versions fix a lot of DPI related issues, it's not that easy to migrate to a newer version, I will keep in mind to try a few workarounds and tinkering for some UI elements that are just too stubborn to display properly.
(The main grid control should be OK you only need to drag the header after you scan for some files to make it editable and then save a preset)

Gennydoss0

Re: Support for HiDPI display is missing

Post by Gennydoss0 »

I have faced a lot of issues with this display. Is there any settings that I need to change to make it visible?