Problem with lyrics field

Report a bug or a problem.
WickedEvilMojo

Problem with lyrics field

Post by WickedEvilMojo »

When I save lyrics to the ID3v2 tag using The Godfather, it somehow introduces a "�" as the first character displayed in my MP3 player (I use Winamp along with CoverArtDisplay for album covers and lyrics). The character is not present when I check the lyrics in The Godfather with the Full Tag Editor. The problem does not occur with older tagged MP3s, only ones I have recently tagged. Is it some sort of padding issue maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem with lyrics field

Post by jtclipper »

Please mail me such a file to check
Dimitris

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I have taken a look at the file it uses Unicode ID3v2 tags plus the LYRICS3 tag (extended ID3v1)
It works ok in various PC applications i tried so please try to strip down one tag at a time and retest in your player.
For example remove ID3v1+LYRICS3 tag and test then remove ID3v2 tag keeping ID3v1+LYRICS3 and finally keep only ID3v2 tag but save it in ANSI don't use Unicode.
One of the above should bug your player and it will be easier for me to find out whats is wrong.
Dimitris

WickedEvilMojo

Post by WickedEvilMojo »

Sorry to take so long to update on this problem- I removed tags as you suggested and discovered that it was indeed the Unicode that was bugging my lyrics display program. I changed the ID3v2 encoding from UTF-16 to UTF-8 and that fixed the problem. Thank you for the help and also for providing the best MP3 tagger program!