4K Monitor

Main discussion forum
acopicaco

4K Monitor

Post by acopicaco »

Dear jtclipper,

I've bought a new laptop with a 4K screen resolution.
Have you got any suggestion to let the software been readeable without going crazy? ;)

I mean: it's impossible to read!
If there's an option to be flagged, please, help me in finding it because it's very difficult!

Thanks a lot!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 4K Monitor

Post by jtclipper »

Manipulating the font size in the entire application is rather tricky to implement, however I did a small fix to help with those resolutions.

Download the latest beta then open the ini file and in the General section add those lines

Code: Select all

user_font_size=10
user_font_size_grid=12
The user_font_size_grid parameter is more flexible and can be even larger, just make sure that in File/options/UI/grids you set the appropriate grid height to accommodate for the larger font size.

It will not be perfect and some clipping might occur and will only affect the core window, but it will make those small letters more readable.

acopicaco

Post by acopicaco »

Yes, this solution works for the tree and the main windows, but not for the tag column on the right.

It's really hard to work with it.
I'll wait for an upgrade and the solution for that.

Thanks in advance for your work!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Introduced a small fix, please download again and see if it behaves correctly.

chacal1233

Post by chacal1233 »

Dear jtclipper

I have the same issue and tried the proposed solution (adding user_font_size and user_font_size_grid to the ini) but it does not change anything.

I've downloaded the latest version available(0.88) but in your answers, you're speaking about a beta version. On the download page, there is no beta version available. Is the version 0.88 the proper one to support these 2 options ?

This is really annoying. Your tool is the best I found and I used to use it for years but since it is unusable on high-resolution monitors, I can't use it anymore.

Thanks
Philippe

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

You can get the current beta here http://www.jtclipper.eu/godfatherforums ... ?f=1&t=762
I am also working on a platform/compiler upgrade and hopefully High DPI will not be an issue, It is almost ready and a new beta will be available sometime next month

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

@jtclipper
Just out of curiosity: to what platform/compiler do you switch?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Going from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE 10.1 (effectively going from version 14 to 24)
Staying at 32 bit only versions and investigate 64 bit when time allows and the program is stable enough,will also be looking to migrate the library from MS Access to SQLite.