Not able to encode to mp3 from flac

Report a bug or a problem.
novabox

Not able to encode to mp3 from flac

Post by novabox »

I seem to be having not luck when trying to encode from a flac to an mp3 file. When I try nothing seems to happen. Using 0.89beta.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Not able to encode to mp3 from flac

Post by jtclipper »

TGF uses the command line tool flac.exe (https://xiph.org/flac/download.html) to decode the .flac files, it does so by creating and executing a .bat file located in your local temp folder for example C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\~tfgconv~.bat.

If you execute this file from a command prompt you will find out what the problem is and in most cases the flac.exe tool "de-syncs " if it believes it has found a bad header or frame in the file, most players will play the file just fine but the decoder is stricter and gives up with an error.

These is a switch -F or --decode-through-errors that I do not use at the moment but could just add easily in the next beta build

novabox

Post by novabox »

Thanks for the info. I reinstalled of TGF solved the problem. Thanks

novabox

Post by novabox »

Ok, really weird, it worked my first try on reinstalled. Then when I went to another folder it stopped working again.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I have updated the beta, flac.exe now uses the -F switch to ignore decode hiccups, please download and have a look