Crashes with allmusic -started this week

Report a bug or a problem.
jhedlun

Crashes with allmusic -started this week

Post by jhedlun »

Crashing in Win 7, was using .86 version but tried .88 out to make sure. Not up for changing my scripts again or I would upgrade. So same issue as I read here. Online - Homepage. "All music" starts to load and then crashes after the main page appears and some background stuff tries to load, with any of the preset selected. If I hit stop "X", it becomes stable until I select the search box - then crashes. This is my favorite way to tag music (all info included) is from this site +7 years now. Please fix! Does seem to be a IE problem - just started a few days ago - maybe it will go away when new ads come on the site - who knows, can the browser be changed? Sounds similar to the "crash in win 10 topic" Thanks, loyal follower... J

jhedlun

Re: Crashes with allmusic -started this week

Post by jhedlun »

I started going back through all the older versions - all of the crash when starting ALLMUSIC and when I got to the version 81.3 - it crashes but says audio file manager? could it be a soundtrack starting to play on the webpage start up and the request is crashing the webpage? Hmmm
So I just opened IE11 to that webpage and it crashes as well all on its own. So must not be something your in control of. Seems to be an IE problem. Either way I cannot get around it until you stop using IE as the web browser. Can this be made configurable or switch to Chrome or something?I will try and report the issue to allmusic - thats its not working with IE11. Thanks

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Tried to reproduce using the latest IE 11 (11.0.9600.18163) and browsed the site for quite some time without experiencing a crash.
This has to be resolved by either Microsoft or amg but you could try to load IE in safe mode just to see if any add-on is behaving badly,
I would also suggest to update flash and/or java if needed .

jhedlun

Post by jhedlun »

As a follow up, I was not able to figure out how to run IE in safe mode in godfather and they wanted you to join a site just to post a bug (on top of joining all music), so I let it sit until today. I tried it again, hoping it was a AD related thing and sure enough it started working again. This was probably the reason you could not see the issue as we were getting different ads loaded in. Anyways its working again for me! minus the album and artist pull in(reported for .86 beta II), but I can work around this since that info is already populated by EAC usually. Will upgrade when I have enough time to rework the scripts to the new setup. Without a debugger or a way to step through the code line by line, it makes it tough to figure out what is wrong! Thanks again for picking up the project again, I have never found a program like it that does what I need it to, and boy did I look! J

The scripts I have add and change naming layouts depending out genre or various artists and also move files to the correct directories based on genre automatically. Works great!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Glad to hear it works, as for the version you should update to the latest beta which has updated scripts, if any of your custom ones need fixing I can help