Attachments
ScreenHunter_24 Mar. 07 08.22.jpg
ScreenHunter_24 Mar. 07 08.22.jpg (9.67 KiB) Viewed 7117 times

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Incremental number %#%

Post by jtclipper »

This was resolved in 0.88b Update1, if you reinstall the latest beta it should be ok.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you, works fine.
The truth is, that sometime I forgot to go down to the effective link in the announcement, only watch the date of the post of 0.88 beta, on the top of the announcements - I don't know, maybe there is a possibility to change the date, without a new post. It's a big problem in other forums too, editing the post contents doesn't changes the post date.
In this case the last post date is 2014 Feb 12, but the modified link date in the post is [Thu 27 Feb].

I have to test the work flow to see, how it works, but it looks fine.

The Tags/Basic Fields, unchecked/extended fields has gone, there is a much shorter template block in Edit.
For example to delete the comment field, now I have to uncheck "if %variable yield an empty string revert to original value" in the template/quick view panel on the right side. Is this good ?
In previous versions I deleted the fields by an empty value and with checking the option "Clean fields that are left empty".
What is with "Formatting & save" options ? This is the default, I think ?

Edit:
I detected, that in the #load_coverex.sct script gTag.SaveToFile( 0, false, false ); appears (3 parameters, instead of two).

Edit2:
The case/file extension always lower option never worked for me, however in custom case setting %Z% file type to lower case worked, but I don't know, what is the field name, that I can set to lower in Work Flow. So now a .MP3 extension remains unchanged.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I can post a simple reply with the word 'Updated' that will fix the issue with the edited posts i think.

Thank you for pointing out the error in the script, it will be fixed

To delete a field using the template you should check the use column and leave the value empty, it will now clear the field by default. There is a Bug with this and It will be fixed in the next refresh.
As an alternative you can also use the work flow task 'Remove range' (Use 1 as start and check 'to end...' )

The "if %variable yield an empty string revert to original value" option will take effect only if variables are used to assign a value and return an empty string.
The other options for basic and extended fields are gone since everything is now available at the template/edit grid/ and work flow.

The file extension always lower is a proper case option and will be applied when you use the relevant work flow setting and have the filename checked ( It is the first field in the values and it is basically the 'if renamed' column value)

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:I can post a simple reply with the word 'Updated' that will fix the issue with the edited posts i think.
Thanks
jtclipper wrote:To delete a field using the template you should check the use column and leave the value empty, it will now clear the field by default. There is a Bug with this and It will be fixed in the next refresh.
OK
jtclipper wrote:As an alternative you can also use the work flow task 'Remove range' (Use 1 as start and check 'to end...' )
OK, this works, only a little uncomfortable with an ad hoc requirement. However it is very good to delete all of the standard unneeded fields.
jtclipper wrote:The "if %variable yield an empty string revert to original value" option will take effect only if variables are used to assign a value and return an empty string.
But if I uncheck this option, and check the use flag and set the value empty for a field in template, then deletes the field fine.
jtclipper wrote:The file extension always lower is a proper case option and will be applied when you use the relevant work flow setting and have the filename checked ( It is the first field in the values and it is basically the 'if renamed' column value)
I don't understand, the first field is filename, if I define filename as lower in work flow, the full filename will be in lower case.

And what does the "File extension always lower" option? It is a proper case option, I think, because it is in the Formatting - Case Proper block.

I have the following work flow: matrix1, matrix 2, case, matrix 3
In matrix1, case, matrix 3 filename is checked, in matrix2 doesn't, it checked only on tags, to work only on tags - I think this corresponds to the tag only previous setting.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Updated the beta, now the deletion of fields using the template should work as it should.

Yes file extension always lower is a Proper case option, and will only affect the 'if renamed' column when proper case is used.
For example if you use Proper case without it then you get :
artist - title.mp3 -> Artist - Title.Mp3
With it you get :
artist - title.mp3 -> Artist - Title.mp3

In work flows you can emulate the older matrix options like you said, Filename = Rename, maybe I should change the wording to be more obvious

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:Updated the beta, now the deletion of fields using the template should work as it should.
Thanks, it works now.
jtclipper wrote:Yes file extension always lower is a Proper case option, and will only affect the 'if renamed' column when proper case is used.
Here is my work flow
ScreenHunter_24 Mar. 07 22.38.jpg
ScreenHunter_24 Mar. 07 22.38.jpg (73.14 KiB) Viewed 7110 times
jtclipper wrote:For example if you use Proper case without it then you get :
artist - title.mp3 -> Artist - Title.Mp3
With it you get :
artist - title.mp3 -> Artist - Title.mp3

In work flows you can emulate the older matrix options like you said, Filename = Rename, maybe I should change the wording to be more obvious
In the filename is "Adam Taylor - Yebonne.MP3", if renamed "Adam Taylor - Yebonne.MP3" .
This is the problem. "File extension always lower" doesn't work

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Can you please send me your ini file, I cannot reproduce the proper case issue

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Here it is
tgf.zip
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 611 times

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:In work flows you can emulate the older matrix options like you said, Filename = Rename, maybe I should change the wording to be more obvious
Unfortunately, I forgot to react to this: for me the "filename" naming is totally perfect and understandable, like track, artist - these are the "fields" or objects that are modified by TGF, when they are checked in the field list (values).
I would change however "Parameters" to "Matrices/Parameters" and "Values" to "Fields to change" in Work Flow, because as I see "Values" always contains the field list, and in the case of a matrix task Parameters contains the replacement matrix names, that the user defined.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Thank you for the file, I found the issue and uploaded a beta refresh, it should be ok now

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you, now File extension always lower works fine.
I like the the new headings Task parameters and especially Apply to... : with this much easier to understand for example, that the old versions "As is" now an uncheck on a field in the list in case conversion.