Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed

Report a bug or a problem.
Hardshl

Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed

Post by Hardshl »

HP Laptop - Win 7 - TGF Ver 0.81 & 0.86
Getting this error "Provider cannot be found. It may not be installed" during startup and again when I try to 'update' the file names. It has an 'ok' button that I select. The first file on the list does get renamed, but I have to rescan to see that it has happened. So to rename all the files in an album, I have to hit "update", "Yes" to the ...are you sure question. Then "OK" for the error. Then hit the scan button and repeat this all over again. So it works... but is a little wonky! Also tried disabling my (Avast) anti-virus - but still has error.
Not sure what the 'provider' is or how I would install it since TGF installed itself. Puzzled!!
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated! Frustrating to say the least - especially since this program has worked so well for me in the past.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly install

Post by jtclipper »

Somehow MDAC is not installed properly on your machine , you can get it here : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5793
this is used to manipulate the MS-Access database used in the library.
If you don't use the library go to options/library and un-check the rename/tag options at the 'Auto sync section'. (You'll still need a functional MDAC install but your rename & tagging will be a little bit faster)