[0.85b] Rename mask

Report a bug or a problem.
Mr. Tao

[0.85b] Rename mask

Post by Mr. Tao »

So far I have used 0.81 beta 1 and still I am not completely used to changes in interface between this version and 0.85b. Therefore I am not sure whether this is bug, omission or just my inability to find new location of this option, but in spite of my efforts I cannot find where I can specify files rename mask, which used to be under Options/Rename/Format options Use variables.

Mr. Tao

[Solved] Rename mask

Post by Mr. Tao »

Well, I manually edited ini file and then I found it on UI pref pane :D

Broo2

Re: [0.85b] Rename mask

Post by Broo2 »

I am having the same issue as you; I don't see an option to change the rename variables outside of editing the ini file.
I did edit the tgf.ini by modifying the 'format-text' option under the '[Rename]' section, but no new UI button for me.
What part of the .ini did you edit to get the UI button?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The format string is now available at the bottom of the template panel on the main screen

soldierftl

Post by soldierftl »

Hi there,

Sorry to reopen this thread, but i have another kind of problem related to "rename". How can i rename my songs please ? I saw screenshots from old versions but in this one (0.8.5) i don't find the "Rename" button. I did everything (format %A% - %T% + lyrics + tags), "if renamed" is correct too. Where should i click to save the changes in my folders ?

I know my question is dumb, this is driving me crazy ^^

Thanks in advance and good job anyway, i love the software :)

soldierftl

Post by soldierftl »

Nevermind, i finally found a way to do that ! shift + f2 in case someone else need it ^^