Problems with AMG

Report a bug or a problem.
clintb

Problems with AMG

Post by clintb »

Hello all,

Faithful TGF user for years and years, but having a problem with 0.81 b2 and AMG. When I try to grab/tag from AMG I get a busy cursor and nothing happens, then finally TGF crashes. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I've tried reverting back to 0.80, nothing. Tried a clean install of 0.81 b2, nothing. Seems there's something going on with, maybe, Internet Explorer, and interaction with TGF.

I'm on Win7 Ultimate and IE 9.

clintb

Re: Problems with AMG

Post by clintb »

Following up on the problem, it looks as though it's flash. I've uninstalled the flash plugin on my machine and Internet Explorer itself has no problem with AMG, but TGF continues to try and load anything flash on the page and eventually hangs.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

It's hard to try and debug this because i cant reproduce it on my machine (IE9,win7 also), try testing with the discogs script and see what happens also try to run the program as admin and disable UAC just in case.

clintb

Post by clintb »

Hi and thanks for the response!

Thus far I've tried with my main Win7 x64 machine and it's done as described. I have tried running as admin and that didn't fix it. I'll try with UAC disabled as well.

For grins, I fired up a Win XP SP3 virtual machine with IE8 (bone stock, and all patched), and it's a bit better. It'll let me grab one page and apply the tags, then will hang and close out.

One thing to note, and I don't know if it's a problem, is the missing flash banners on the right in my screen shot. When I go to the main AMG page in TGF, flash is everywhere just as in a web browser, but dive into artists/discs in TGF and that one disappears.

I'll give the discogs a try tonight. Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (147.37 KiB) Viewed 4788 times

thrashed

Post by thrashed »

I'm running into the same problem when using AMG. My version of The Godfather is v8.0, but I've also encounter the same use when using the v8 betas. Running Windows Vista SP2 with IE9. Usually I can tag a few files, but after a bit TGF starts to bog down when trying to load an album page and just clocks then crashes.