problem

Report a bug or a problem.
24giri

problem

Post by 24giri »

Problem. Installed after The Godfather i can't use it. Appears the message: "Unable to write to C:\Programm Files (x86)\The Godfather\tgf.ini." Can you tel me why?
Sorry for my english.

hopalongrock

Re: problem

Post by hopalongrock »

24giri wrote:Problem. Installed after The Godfather i can't use it. Appears the message: "Unable to write to C:\Programm Files (x86)\The Godfather\tgf.ini." Can you tel me why?
Sorry for my english.
You are probably on Vista / W7 - You have to move (install) programs (excepts MS) out of "C:\Program Files", if they want to write there, for example to "C:\Programs\The Godfather" or simply "C:\The Godfather" or any other folder.

24giri

Post by 24giri »

Thanks! Yes i have W7 64 bit. I installed on folder (x86) and in a folder that I created but the results is the same. I use the godfather for a long time. Since I formatted the laptop I no longer use The Godfather.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

24giri wrote:Thanks! Yes i have W7 64 bit. I installed on folder (x86) and in a folder that I created but the results is the same. I use the godfather for a long time. Since I formatted the laptop I no longer use The Godfather.
I can't help more, maybe you have not enough rights, look into documentation (help).

24giri

Post by 24giri »

Many thanks anyway

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

You do not have rights to write to the .ini files, either run the program as administrator or simply cut/move it to your 'My documents' folders, tgf is fully portable anyway

24giri

Post by 24giri »

Thank you so much !!!!! I did it. I installed it in the Documents folder. Thank you, thank you. I love TGF is a great program. I have a lot of music and rename all would have been a problem. I tried other software but are not the same thing. Again thank you very much.