Track Numbers Incorrect. v.80

Report a bug or a problem.
StarsUponThars

Track Numbers Incorrect. v.80

Post by StarsUponThars »

So far TGF has been working fine for everything I've tried except one thing: Track numbers.

I have one hundred some folders, and they all have mp3 files in them (anywhere from 1-100). To my delight, I can scan the root folder and all the sub folders, and use %# in the template and it appropriately lists the track numbers on a per folder basis...ALMOST.

Here's the problem: When I Apply to preview the tags they mostly come out right, but not always. The first track is given a number that is a continuation of the count from the previous folder (e.g. if folder 1 has 12 files, folder 2's first track will start at #13)

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Track Numbers Incorrect. v.80

Post by jtclipper »

Do you use the apply button or set your options and hit search ?

StarsUponThars

Post by StarsUponThars »

I'm not sure what you mean by "set options and search" so assuredly not that. The steps I took in order: I let it scan the root folder of the ~100 folders, each with mp3 files only. I set the template. And lastly I hit apply to make sure it comes out right and update. I even tried removing all of the track numbers and setting them again, but that didn't quite work out.

I won't be able to look at that computer I was working on again until next weekend, but I can say that one trend I noticed was that the issue was more prominent in the folders with say 15+ files. If a folder had only 1 mp3 in it, the next one was fine. Again, I didn't meticulously look into this last bit, so I can't verify a real pattern to it. If you'd like me to, I can try and look up any particular details about this setup that you wish to know.

My workaround to the problem was to simply scan each folder individually to assign their track numbers.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

All you have to do is set your template and options before you hit scan, then all the fields should be filled in and ready for the update.
use the apply button only if you are not satisfied with the scan result and make changes to the options/template while the grid is populated with files.
In any case if you hit the apply the sort order of the grid is important it must be sorted by fullpath + filename in order for the %# variable to be initializes properly on folder change. But I assure you you dont need to hit apply just set the options and hit scan observe the results then hit update.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:it must be sorted by fullpath + filename in order for the %# variable to be initializes properly on folder change.
I disabled the option "show only filenames" and sorted for File field. but after track 35 track 36 follows, and not track 1 !!!
The same true for ver 0.80 and 0.81.
See the attachment - sorry, it's 110 KB, and I get the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Please try to just hit scan and see if the results are ok, ommit the apply button alltogether.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

I do only Scan.
Here is the result, track # goes from 13 to 14, doesn't change to 1 - see attachment.
A.jpg
A.jpg (7.26 KiB) Viewed 7651 times
Maybe I have to set/unset any other option. "Show only filenames" is disabled, as you can see.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I just check and scan with %# works fine in multiple folders, i might need to check your ini file and the template you use.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Template
Track %# , nothing else
Parameters-I think these are in ini
ini attached.
Attachments
tgf.zip
(6.18 KiB) Downloaded 480 times

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I had a look at the file, the option 'reset on folder change' in Formatting/%variables is not checked.
'Scan' should work fine with this checked, 'apply' has its own perks regarding this specific option and the %# variable so i suggest you dont use it for this kind of setup.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you, and really scan works well but apply has problems.

I should have known this ! Maybe if you write Incremental number (%#) above the option, as you write Tokens (%F1, ..) in Formatting - % Variables, it would be easier to find this option.