Tags not recognized after update

Report a bug or a problem.
Fullmoon

Tags not recognized after update

Post by Fullmoon »

Hi

I just updated my old 0.86 to 0.80, because I was missing the "Album Artist" field.

After "Scan", the new version did not display any field content, just file names.
Havin created some large scripts, I had made a copy of the original folder. So I could retry multiple times:
- Install 0.80 into a new/emtpy folder: OK.
- Install 0.80 over an existing installation (0.68 or 0.70 which I had, but never installed): No tags.
- Installing 0.70 over 0.68 works fine.

I'm running XP pro SP3.
No other progs running except Total Commander.

Thanks,
Bob

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tags not recognized after update

Post by jtclipper »

What file types are you using ( mp3, flac ? ..)
Try deleting the tgf.ini file or check the parameters in the tag page (for example if you have the 'clean fields that are empty' checked and the various fields in the grid checked with empty values this might happen)
Dimitris

Fullmoon

Post by Fullmoon »

I have only mp3.
I can't find the 'clean fields that are empty'. Is it in the options?
The fields in the tag screen are all off - before the update that is, not sure if they maybe get set by the update (really didnt look at that).
Deleting the ini file comes out the same as a clean install (have to redo all the settings and that's what I didnt wanna do) - will probably do that sometime, for now I stick to 0.70 as it also has the option to fill the Album Artist.

BTW: Album Artist is only set if it's empty, would greatly prefer to have it as normal field, so that I can tg_SetField() or the option to overwrite it with Artist.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Check the parameters (bottom of the tag panel tab ) i'm sure something is set wrong there
Dimitris

Fullmoon

Post by Fullmoon »

Yep, got it.
On the "Parameters" tab, "Unchecked fields" was set to "Ignore (Leave blank in the grid)".

Strange - for sure I'm not the first to update to 0.80.

Thanks
Bob

Gonzalez89

Post by Gonzalez89 »

Hello, I was going through the same problems as the topic starter and now with your help I've fixed everything myself! thank you for the answers here!