Various Artist button not working correctly

Report a bug or a problem.
greengeek

Various Artist button not working correctly

Post by greengeek »

In earlier versions of tgf, one use to be able to use the blue various button above the album info to tag different artists from the Album info grid.  I use to do this by typing the "artist / title" in the title field.  It would then correctly add the artist to the artist id3 tag and the title to the title id3 tag.

In this version of tgf as well as the last 1 or 2 older ones I noticed that this functionality hasn't been working.  When I have the various artist button pressed and put in the artist and title within the title cell, for example, "Test-Artist / Test-Title"  it now adds the "Test-Artist" correctly to the artist tag, but the Title tag doesnt get parsed, it instead gets the whole line in the title tag of "Test-Artist / Test-Title"

I hope you are able to fix this small issue as it was really a handy way to deal with VA albums.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Various Artist button not working correctly

Post by jtclipper »

This is also bugged, will fix it also.
Because those little bugs are quite annoying I'll do a small refresh of the 0.80 version including some fixes like this one and re post in the next days.
Dimitris

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

Awesome.  Thanks for looking into them all.  Please keep up the great work.  I love this app!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Actually this is is an option I left enabled by default...
In the Online section look for 'Keep artist in title field for various artists' and uncheck it, will work properly.
Dimitris

atagal

Post by atagal »

it is quite difficult to tag various artists if artist-title is like "Kodo / Bobi Cespedes / Mickey Hart / Giovanni Hidalgo / Airto Moreira - Berimbau Jam"

tgf parcer takes first (Kodo) as artist and title set as 'Bobi Cespedes / Mickey Hart / Giovanni Hidalgo / Airto Moreira - Berimbau Jam'

Can i suggest different placeholder? Or let choose to user in options custom placeholder for parser

i would like use "\" "|" "�" or whatever is uncommon!
Last edited by atagal on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

A quick workaround is to use something like

Code: Select all

"Kodo/Bobi Cespedes/Mickey Hart/Giovanni Hidalgo/Airto Moreira - Berimbau Jam"
But adding an option is a nice idea also.
Dimitris