.80 Beta 2- Missing Info in FLAC Tags

Report a bug or a problem.
GHammer

.80 Beta 2- Missing Info in FLAC Tags

Post by GHammer »

I removed all tags from an album.
Did an online search in AMG, found the album, grabbed it, applied album and updated the album.

For MP3 files all was fine.
For FLAC files, in the Extras fields, Involvedpeople was cutoff, only the single word Producer was in the tag.
For MP3 files, the Involvedpeople field was Producer:Peter Asher;Drums:Jerome Augustyniak;Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar, Guitar (Electric), Guitar (Rhythm):Robert Buck;Organ, Piano:Dennis Drew;Violin:Krista Bennion Feeney;Engineer:Frank Filipetti;Bassoon:Dennis Godburn;Guitar (Bass):Steve Gustafson;Guitar (Classical):Scott Kuney;Bass:Frank Luther;Cello:Myron Lutzke;Organ, Piano, Vocals:Natalie Merchant;Arranger, Composer, Conductor:Jason Osborn;Viola:Louise Schulman;Vocals:Jevetta Steele;Violin:Mitsuru Tsubota;Harpsichord:Robert Wolinsky;

Also, if there is an existing Publisher field in a FLAC file, it is duplicated.

PUBLISHER Epic
PUBLISHER Epic

For example
Last edited by GHammer on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: .80 Beta 2- Missing Info in FLAC Tags

Post by jtclipper »

This is the problem with some tag formats like vorbiscomments and ape that do not have strict standard names for all fields.
When another application uses a slightly modified field name then its going to look different between different programs unless you do a simple list/dump of field name/value pairs.
Please send me that flac file so i can have a look at the fields used.
Dimitris

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I checked the flac files you send, they have 'ORGANIZATION=Elektra' as a pair of field name/value I use 'PUBLISHER=Elektra' .
As i said none of them is a mistake and every software could use what makes sense for them regarding 'extra' fields.
I also use a field called 'INVOLVEDPEOPLE' to store the data concerning involved people like musicians etch. I use a chr(0) separated list just like ID3 tags do for simplicity and uniformity, if a software tries to display this data as a RAW value windows controls will simply cut off the data after the 1st chr(0).

This is the problem with the lack of standardization in a tag format and it will take every single developer to agree on something before all fields other than the few 'standard' ones are used in a similar way. And quite frankly I gave up on that a long time ago.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris wrote: I checked the flac files you send, they have 'ORGANIZATION=Elektra' as a pair of field name/value I use 'PUBLISHER=Elektra' .
As i said none of them is a mistake and every software could use what makes sense for them regarding 'extra' fields.
Maybe tgf could use some mapping of tags defined by the user, see dbpoweramp for example.