Post by Skunky »

ok, on the way. I feel like it's gotta be something simple, but *shrug*

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: amazon.sco

Post by jtclipper »

The html file you send me is a lot different than what I am getting,
Could be your OS (I tested with both win7 and 10), or an extension in IE stripping the style elements and inserting blanks and line breaks
As an example this is the artist line

Code: Select all

<DIV id=ArtistLinkSection class="a-section a-spacing-micro" sizcache="2" sizset="28"><A id=ProductInfoArtistLink class="a-size-medium a-link-normal" href="/dp/B000QKAJ14/ref=dm_ws_ps_adp">Clint Black</A> </DIV></DIV>

you file has 

<a class="a-size-medium a-link-normal" id="ProductInfoArtistLink" href="/dp/B000QKAJ14/ref=dm_ws_ps_adp">
The URL used is

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/Out-Sane-Clint-Black/dp/B0868Z2R13/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Clint+Black&qid=1605951677&s=dmusic&sr=1-1
Although it is possible to re write the script to handle this it is far better to find the route cause and try to get your IE to produce the correct output

edit*
try to search from within the TGF embedded IE and do not drag n drop from an outside source maybe that is the issue here

Skunky

Post by Skunky »

this is win10, ie 11, I'm hitting "homepage", and then typing "clint black out of sane" in the amazon search box, no drag and drop. the only plugin that was installed for IE was adblock plus, and I've removed it. it still generates a 1.htm with lots and lots of blank space.

I still have the entry in regedit to make it use the "right" version of ie, which worked before. any suggestions?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The only way i could reproduce the issue was by drag n drop, on 2 separate installations with Win10 64bit one working and one fresh it works as intended
Could be something else on your installation which is causing this, if you can try it on a clean install or some other PC it would be nice
You can also try to clean your registry of that setting and use default setting on IE options

Skunky

Post by Skunky »

could this be some amazon localization thing? because I get the same blocky lots of whitespace from 2 win10 boxes, a mac, and 3 linux boxes, using IE, safari, chrome, and firefox...

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

You can try to use the amg or discogs scripts and see if that works

Skunky

Post by Skunky »

amg still works....