Help with Organizing OWn script

Use this forum for everything concerning script usage
samgarca856

Help with Organizing OWn script

Post by samgarca856 »

First of all hi Dimitri,
I like your Program so much, I cant describe it. A Great powerful software you made.

However, I have an issue with scripting.

I want to create 9 folders*, so it looks like this, from upper to lower level folders.

Genre - A-Z - Artist - Year - CD Album - Mixtape - Singles - Soundtrack - Other tracks

*CD/Mixtape/Singles must have files dived by filtetype (e.g Flacc/mp3/m4a) etc.

Code: Select all

Genre->alphabet letter->Album artist->Year->Album->file type->Discnumber->tracknr->title
So you have this setup for example
R&B->A->Alicia Keys->2005->As I Am->Mp3->CD1->01-Intro.mp3
&
R&B->A->Alicia Keys->2005->As I Am->M4a->CD1->01-Intro.m4a

I have found this code online, that I wanted to use as the base, but I don't know how and what to do.
In MusicBrainz this script creates double folders, every mp3 is put in a new folder with the title as its folder name.I don't want that off course.

the script online:
Standard artist

$replace($if($eq($left(%albumartist%,4),The ),%albumartistsort%,%albumartist%)/%albumartist%-$left(%date%,4)-%album%$if(%discnumber%,-CD %discnumber%,)/$num(%tracknumber%,2)-%title%,:,)
Various Artists

$replace(VA/%album%-$left(%date%,4)$if(%discnumber%,-CD %discnumber%,)/$num(%tracknumber%,2)-%artist%-%title%,:,)
Can you help me with making this script for Godfather please?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help with Organizing OWn script

Post by jtclipper »

Lets start without a script using just the standard 'Sub folder details' grid, so uncheck use a script and fill in this in the above mentioned grid (use the right click menu for assistance to insert/delete rows)
The rows should be like this

%G%
%*AR,1,1%
%AR%
%Y%
%L%
%Z%
%DI%
Run a few tests through your files to have an idea about your missing tags and other details and then I can make a script to take care of the various scenarios