Musicbrainz Support in TGF

Use this forum for everything concerning script usage
Benji99

Musicbrainz Support in TGF

Post by Benji99 »

Hi Dimitri,

Love the fact you added support for Musicbrainz, I've been waiting for that!
I gave it a shot, it seems that at the moment it's only grabbing very basic info (artist, album, track), that's correct?
Any chance you could grab more data, such as label, catalog, language, composer, performer, etc... ? I'm hoping that you could manage to grab at least as much data as Picard does...

Also, I'm assuming it's not possible yet, but any chance you could give access to the Musicbrainz data via scripting? (I'm dreaming of making a single script that would get all the data I need from MB, plus get a few things such as genre, themes, moods, etc... from Allmusic...)

Thanks for keeping updating TGF!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Musicbrainz Support in TGF

Post by jtclipper »

It's grabbing label into the publisher field, performer(s) goes into the artist field (please check the first button on the online panel 'force...')
As for composer I'd like to grab as well, but will have to read a bit more on their API and how to return this info.

I'm thinking about scripting support for online services in the next major release (0.87 possibly).
A custom script for their site can be made independent of versions , will see to it when there is more time for me

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Musicbrainz Support in TGF

Post by jtclipper »

Updated the engine:

Code: Select all

Composers. 
Full credit list.
Images from http://coverartarchive.org/ 
are now grabbed