Coming from an old version: bulk change of tracks

Main discussion forum
Vance14

Coming from an old version: bulk change of tracks

Post by Vance14 »

I was using a very old version of Godfather for years and then updated when it was having trouble closing. Now, I am not sure how to change the tracks in bulk and in sequence based on the order I have set on the screen. In the old version I would just set the tracks as %# and it would number the tracks in sequence. I could also make each track's name as Track%# and it would come out "Track 01", "Track 02", etc.

Now that doesn't seem to work and I can't find the current way to accomplish the same thing. With audiobooks I often have multiple CD's and each CD uses tracks 1-X. I can load them all in and then order them in correct sequence by file name usually, and then previously I would set all of my bulk tags, including tracks as "%#", set my genre, clean up the album title, etc. How can I set tracks in sequence now? Thanks!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coming from an old version: bulk change of tracks

Post by jtclipper »

%variables have changed format a long time ago now they are enclosed in% for example the incremental number is now %#%, using the right click menu in the template you will be able to see the new variables

Vance14

Post by Vance14 »

OK, I see that now, thanks! But I still must be doing something wrong. I have my tracks all sorted the way that I want (about 310 of them in an audiobook) using the a primary and then secondary sort option, so now all I need to do is apply the incremental track numbering. I right click the track values on the right, click "other" see the "%#%" option, select it and it goes into the Track field on the right and "Use" is checked. Then I press "Apply" and nothing happens. I see that the top track is highlighted blue so I click the "Row Mode" button to turn that off, thinking that was the problem (it was only applying to that row), and then only the number "1" on far left was still blue, but I couldn't get that de-selected, so I figured that was OK. I press Apply and still nothing happens.

I have 14 CD's, each track numbered 1 to 21 or so, so the the tracks currently run to 21, then back to 01, etc. The # column on the far left has the incremental numbers the way I want them, 1 to 310. Each CD was its own album (CD01, CD02, etc), so I was able to sort them that way, then used file name as the secondary sort to get them in the right order, which now has them all lined up right. My plan is usually with these situations to rename the tracks first to get those fixed 1 to 310, then change the album name on all of them to the single album. I don't want to lose that sorting power of the album names until I get the alternate sorting power of the tracks fixed. But I can't get the program to apply those new incremental track numbers. What am I doing wrong?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Setting Row mode to off should have done the job, send me your ini file to see if any combination of settings is the issue

Vance14

Post by Vance14 »

Very good, thanks, it won't let me attach the tgf.ini file here, so I will try to send it by PM.

EDIT: I tried sending the ini file and a picture via PM, but it gave me a *!* message on the attachments and now it is stuck in my outbox. I will try a picture in a separate post below.
Last edited by Vance14 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vance14

Post by Vance14 »

Maybe I will try a picture here . . .
Attachments
IMG_20171205_111129.jpg
IMG_20171205_111129.jpg (6.12 MiB) Viewed 3171 times

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Please Mail me the ini file, also check in file/options/Variables %..% that the 'reset on folder change' for the incremental number is ticked off

Vance14

Post by Vance14 »

Aha, that did it! It was indeed checked and when I unchecked it, then tried it, it worked like a charm! Perfect, thanks!