formatting options do not "apply"

Main discussion forum
piscvau

formatting options do not "apply"

Post by piscvau »

Hello
I have a question about the powerful file/options/format
It seems that it applies only to the text in the indicated column.
For example I define a replacement matrix for the title and I add it in the workflow
it applies to the column title. When I check in the "full tag edit", the tag "title" is not modified
So if I do "apply" it reverses the "title "column to the text before modification.
therefore I need to do update to have the title modified.

Is this the intended behavior . I do not understand the philosophy!...

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: formatting options do not "apply"

Post by jtclipper »

When you click scan all the data in the grid is formatted according to the various options you have set.

The grid serves as a spreadsheet for you to review and/or edit modify further if needed, when you are satisfied with the result you click Update to rename and/or update the actual files on the disk. The apply button will (without a new scan for files) reformat the grid with the options and it is useful when using the online panel or the template to see changes according to the various values you set.

The full tag edit dialog always uses the current data of the files on disk and not the result in the grid.

In case you need to see what has changed you can use the quick edit tab on the right panel,there all changes are marked with bold and the tool tip holds the original value.