how to find and replace words in all tags in all selected songs

Main discussion forum
omprakaash

how to find and replace words in all tags in all selected songs

Post by omprakaash »

Hi, can anyone teach me how to replace words in tags?
I am using the godfather.exe for bulk editing mp3 file. My target is to delete particular words in all tags from all songs.. eg: http://www.xyz.com is in composer, publisher, artist, original artist colums.. i know find option is there but i need a replace option, so that i can find words and replace with no characters..
I tried exporting cav, edited in MS excel then when i importtafter clicking parse button button new small window opens and says file not exist..
I agree i am an absolute newbie, i dont know about scripting too, can u solce my problem within days? I can post in forums but i dont want to get answer after 3 yrs.. i need some clear solution from you

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: how to find and replace words in all tags in all selected songs

Post by jtclipper »

Go to file/options/replacement matrix and there create a new matrix, in the ‘replace this’ column enter www.zyz.com leave the ‘with this’ column empty.
Now go to file/options/work flow add a new task as matrix , in the parameters section select your new matrix and select the fields you want to apply it to.

That’s it , make sure you check the other entries in your workflow and keep only the one you want active.