Rename track Title - Artist

Main discussion forum
Macintosh

Rename track Title - Artist

Post by Macintosh »

Hello,

I have used Godfather for ages, but I havent managed to understand it after its update. I would like to simply rename my mp3s to track (Zero one, Zero two, etc..), Title - Artist. I have put the code "%R% %T% - %A%" into the filename shortcut on the bottom, where it says what the filename will be if i do manage to rename, but my problem is that I dont manage the actual renaming. I tried searching the forum, but I could not find something similar. Thank you.
Attachments
Godfather rename.JPG
Godfather rename.JPG (220.04 KiB) Viewed 4083 times

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rename track Title - Artist

Post by jtclipper »

Click the down arrow next to the columns button and select 'rename' from the menu, this is just a default template that uses the old rename tab columns and deselects the online button.
Now proceed as usual and when you get the desired result in the if renamed column just hit the update button

Macintosh

Post by Macintosh »

I have Godfather 0.88, but on the columns button, I only get the option of presets. This one I sense is for some auto-updating. I don't find any way of implementing the rename according to my header. If I try pressing apply, I only get "[space] - .mp3" in the preview, so I cancel that. Any ideas?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Rrename your tgf.ini file to something else and reinstall, all the default presets and other options will appear.
It will only take a couple of minutes to redo your old preferences

Tom

Post by Tom »

Hello, Track number disappears when the name is long, where can I change file name length limit ?
Edit:
I realize it's a tag version issue, ID3v1 being read instead of ID3v2
Last edited by Tom on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

There is no limit what is the issue at hand?

Tom

Post by Tom »

Problem solved, I had to delete ID3v1 so it takes v2 ti rename the files. Thank you for your support and responsiveness.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Just for future reference, there is an option to read Id3v2 last so it takes precedence in Edit/ID3 set Read order to ID3v1->ID3v2