Exception How to

Main discussion forum
Tux

Exception How to

Post by Tux »

Hi,

For title formating I use sentence. When there are proper nouns, I wanted to write them with a capital in exceptions field in options . But this is not working here.
Example : welcome to the city of london -> Welcome to the city of London
So,
  • How to have exceptions working as explained in the help ?
  • Is there a better way to achieve this formating maybe without using exceptions ?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Exception How to

Post by jtclipper »

Exceptions work for proper case only.
If you use sentence case then you have to create a replacement matrix and use it in the work flow, this which will have the same effect as exceptions.

Tux

Post by Tux »

Thank you Mr Dimitris,
it works the way you say.

Note : I prefered The Godfather versions before the workflow was implemented.
For now I must update twice to achieve the wanted formating of filename.
First is correcting the tags, second is correcting the filename based on tags.

Anyway, now the workflow method is here, I would suggest
  • in the option panel an additional tab to show a current ordered step-by-step recap of the workflow processing.
    It'll help to build up the workflow.
  • possibility to activate all those options already available for proper case to others formating case choices
Regards

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

It is not necessary to update twice, the file name will use the current formatting of the tags as you can see in the grid, so you just scan with your preferred options and then use update/both (tags+filename).

I have in mind to include multiple case options for proper case (proper1,proper2..) so one can simulate a custom sentence.
Your suggestion for a recap is quite nice, will add it to my to-do list.

Tux

Post by Tux »

I have in mind to include multiple case options for proper case (proper1,proper2..) so one can simulate a custom sentence.
multiple case options is not clear for me. When struggling with the subject of this thread I tried too to simulate sentence case through proper case in order to use the Exceptions, but I'd had to remove the space as word separator, which is not authorized in The Godfather.
Your suggestion for a recap is quite nice, will add it to my to-do list.
:)
It is not necessary to update twice, the file name will use the current formatting of the tags as you can see in the grid, so you just scan with your preferred options and then use update/both (tags+filename).
Not quite : I understand that's the wanted scheme, but, and there the recap would be a great help :
1st Scan : to display the list of files,
2nd Apply the corrections from the grid at the right, year, genre, filename
3rd Update : and there I've probably some uncomplete configuration with the workflow as in some cirumstances the replacements in the filename occur on the 2nd update. I'll try to resolve this on spare time. I foresee that's because some fields reuse other fields and task parameters can apply to many fields in an unknown order.