Numerical sorting

Main discussion forum
reels

Numerical sorting

Post by reels »

Hello,

I have one question. Is it possible to set somewhere in TGF numerical track sorting (like in Windows)? I use track numbers without leading zeros (1/12, 2/12,.....) and therefore I am not able to get proper sort of tracks now.

Thank you for reply
Milan

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Numerical sorting

Post by jtclipper »

There should not be a problem with those tracks, sorting automatic uses the first part of the string and ignores the /nTotaltracks part.
Which version are you using and where do you see this occur?

reels

Post by reels »

I use now version 0.89 beta, but it is same by using 0.88.Image

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

This is in the library, I had a look and refreshed the current beta.
Hopefully sorting will work as expected now for the track field.

reels

Post by reels »

Thank you very much. Now sorting works properly. And one remarks - somewhere should be useful to have the information about picture (cover, back...) size in px (e.g. 400x400). Maybe in tag editor and in propeties--album (besides of the picture).

Milan

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Picture dimension information is displayed in the Quick view panel of the main program (not the library), I will try to fit this also in the library and/or the full tag edit dialog

reels

Post by reels »

Ok, thank you. In track numbering is still something wrong - see the picture.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

It's possible that you updated the tag without updating the library, make sure that you have in file/options/library/auto sync - 'when tagging files' checked.
You can do a rescan and check update in the library to have the values corrected

reels

Post by reels »

I updated even the whole library and result was - all the track numbers are without track count numbers now. In options/formating I have choosen "xx/xx track style in online panel".

An another issue: In "Configure tree/Select field(s)" you can choose a lot of tag fields (probably some of them you never need), but I think important and offen used field "Content group" is missing. Can you fix it, please?

Milan

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Send me a couple of your audio files and your tgf.ini so I can try and reproduce the error.
Also I plan to add all the 'extended' fields in the library will probably do so in the next beta refresh sometime next week.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I had a look at the files, they contain both ID3v1 & ID3v2 tags, please go to File/Options/Edit/ID3 and set the read order to ID3v1-ID3v2 so the v2 tag is read last and overwrites any of the v1 fields. After that you need to update the lib again to see the changes.