User & Sorting

Main discussion forum
Lachlan125

User & Sorting

Post by Lachlan125 »

To jtclipper

Pleae allow me to first and foremost say I love this software, I have been fortunate to be using it for almost 2 years and I love testing the new versions...

A question/request for an added feature is to have a way to autofill the user & sorting option... Especially when it comes to various artists albums or compilations, I mean my iTunes compilations folder had over 400 folders and to go throught it to fill the sorting portion of the information took me 6 days... Which isn't alot but I go to highschool and time is time... I personally think that this feature would benefit alot of people... I mean I call 2Pac - 2Pac however when the godfather puts it in sort it puts 2pac, also when it puts albums with the word The at the beginning it removes The unless you go through and push the copy all values for each and every song... So maybe its something you could look at????

But as I said at the beginning thank you so much for this software and all the time and attention you place into creating and improving it... And I read on the software that it is in memory of your father. God Bless him....

Thanks again
Your friend
Lachlan Mykael Kent
USA

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: User & Sorting

Post by jtclipper »

You can use the template on the right part of the main window to fill in the sort fields using the variables (make sure the online button is not pressed)
For example:

Code: Select all

sort artist = %A%
sort album = %L%
and so on.

Then simply click scan or apply (if you already scanned), observe the values at the grid, I suggest you use the 'ALL' column preset to have all fields visible or create one with the fields you would like to see for this particular task.

After that just click update, and make sure you click the down arrow next to it and select tags (so you don't rename as well).

Now in the case of 2Pac becoming 2pac you can use a replacement matrix for those values or just add an exception for proper case (if you use that).
I can't understand why ' the ' removed from the albums I need more details in how you go about it.

Let me know if this helps

Lachlan125

Post by Lachlan125 »

Thanks so much for the info regarding how to do the sorting.... That has helped alot just one more slight request/info what is the shortcut for sorting Album artistss? The rest of the program has been awesomely easy to use and when you placed the shortcuts for sorting the Album and Artists made it so much easier

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The template field is called 'Sort album artist' you can use %A% to fill it's value , also %SR% is the variable attached to it.