Copying MP4 Filenames to Titles

Main discussion forum
MP3Nut

Copying MP4 Filenames to Titles

Post by MP3Nut »

I have a bunch of videos and I would very much like to batch rename their title fields to match to their corresponding filenames. Can someone please tell me how I would go about setting that up?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bryson
brysonjack.com

MP3Nut

Re: Copying MP4 Filenames to Titles

Post by MP3Nut »

Well after seeing how many unanswered questions there were, it seemed like I better figure it out myself. I am by no means an expert but here is how I managed to do it.

First of all, to the right of Update there is a dropdown menu. I set that to "Tags" so that it will only update the tags of my MP4 since my filenames are as I want them.

In the Tag "Presets" with the yellow star icon, there is another dropdown menu. I selected "Artist - Title from filename"

Since my videos have numbers and then the description (example: 01 - How to use The GodFather.mp4) I only checked use Title and put "%F1% - %F2%" without quotes so that all the filename will be represented in the title.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Copying MP4 Filenames to Titles

Post by jtclipper »

You can use %F% in the template for the title field, this variable will use the complete file name without the extension without the need to use file name tokens.
The %variables are described in the help file in case you need anything more advanced in the future.