Open File Path

Main discussion forum
metalmyarvy

Open File Path

Post by metalmyarvy »

Hello,

First: your software catalogues my music exactly how i want that's nice, didn't expect that. Also it allows the export the whole thing as HTML that's even better!

But how can it be that it doesn't allow to open the file path? I mean it can play the song, it even let's you configure a default player (i considered putting an explorer in there but i guess even if i succeeded it would not have worked since it would need to ignore the last /blabla of the path).

I do not want to organize my folders with the godfather, I've allready done that my way, I just need a tool to browse my music very quickly for DJ-ing purposes (sometimes it's hard to find collaborations and such quickly enough). I must say considering the overall quality of the software I'm very surprised there's no "open file path" when i right click an entry; given this statement: "don't worry The GodFather is here to put order to chaos and put you in control" I expected drag and dropping out of the list :P

Now there are some simple ways I see this becoming a powerful tool to quickly browse a music library:

-Add an open selected path to the right click drop-down-menu, in that case please also also allow hide/show for the buttons on the top of my list which could jeopardize my whole organisation if clicked accidently (and also cause music drop outs due to the amount of work done)

better (because the search function is much easier to use also you can create multiple HTML files and open them in different tabs):
-Let the user decide which columns to export into HTML (deciding the order apparantly allready works, nice!) and add one with a link that opens the folder containing the file if clicked

If there's a workaround somewhere on this forum I'm sorry for being too stupid find the link on my own, I'll admit I don't exactly understand the "library" (crtl+F2) either ::)

metalmyarvy

Re: Open File Path

Post by metalmyarvy »

-Let the user decide which columns to export into HTML (deciding the order apparantly allready works, nice!) and add one with a link that opens the folder containing the file if clicked
Actually it allready can ::) color coding also very cool! i just can't find any possibility to add the file path to the html ???

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

You can show the file path + file name by going to Options/UI/grids and deselect 'show only file names', I will probably add a 'File path' column in the next beta as well.
There is an 'Open folder in explorer' command in the tree view but adding one for the file listing is a nice idea and will look into it.
Drag n Drop is not there because of the embedded directory tree but a few more users requested this so I'll add it in the future.

metalmyarvy

Post by metalmyarvy »

unchecking "show filenames only" does allready a great job, this way i quickly know where to look for it and i can still use my midi-controller to get to it (this allows me to load songs at the right moment so the song start instantly when i want it to, also i dont have to use a mouse as the search field in the browser can remain selected)

good enough to me ;D i can not thank you enough for your work if more people were like you wealth would be open-source

metalmyarvy

Post by metalmyarvy »

To anyone who had something similar in mind i found a nice workaround:

Export as XLS file, open it and convert all filepaths into hyperlinks, save it as HTML.

Now if you click on a filepath your browser will ask you if you want to open it or save it. If you download the file it is instantly copied to the destination folder.