Rating / Popularimeter

Main discussion forum
blutroniq

Rating / Popularimeter

Post by blutroniq »

Can you make the application read/write the Popularimeter field? Right now it uses TXXX for Rating and that is not compatible with everything.

At minimum, I'd want to be able to write a script for it, but it would be great if it was added as a separate field in the tag edit window, too.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rating / Popularimeter

Post by jtclipper »

Will see what can be done about the POPM frame, probably I'll update it using the current TXXX frame skipping the complexity about email&play count

blutroniq

Post by blutroniq »

Here is a good synopsis on how other applications are using POPM. It seems like very few applications are using the TXXX Rating tag any longer.

I agree, the email and play count can be skipped. Consensus appears to be the following:
Rating...POPM Value

For implementation of this, it would probably be most clear to:
1) Keep the Rating tag as is
2) Add the Popularimeter tag
3) Add a script that copies TXXX Rating to POPM (and optionally deletes the TXXX Rating frame). Another script could be added to copy POPM to TXXX, too.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Will most likely add some sort of user defined 'mapping' between the rating field that exists now and the POPM frame numerical values, along with some options on what frames to use (TXXX,POPM, both), hopefully soon enough in the next beta update

blutroniq

Post by blutroniq »

Fabulous... thanks so much! I'll be more than happy to test it out.