Automatic tagging?

Main discussion forum
Naellita

Automatic tagging?

Post by Naellita »

Hello everyone!

I'm quite new to the Godfather but have already been using it a lot, especially for files that had absolutely no tag whatsoever. The features of the program helped me a lot, but I've always had to go to each album that needed tagging, have the program search for relevant information, choose the best option, apply it to the files and update the info manually. I now have a pretty organized library, thanks to the developer of this wonderful program.

The only aspect of my library which does not entirely satisfy me is the genre tags. I have way to many different tags, a lot of tags are missing, and many tags are not accurate. However, I have a very large library and am not able to search the relevant info for every album manually. Is there a way to actually do that automatically for a whole library? I would like to look for genres only, and to have them applied automatically if the relevant information can be found by the program without my help.

I saw that there were things related to genre tagging in the options, but I do not want to mess up with the program trying things I do not really understand. :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my message, and perhaps to answer me! :)

Naellita

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Automatic tagging?

Post by jtclipper »

There is no automated process, you will have to set the genre yourself, maybe an idea is to sort your library per artist and batch update the genre field.