about trim with replacement matrix

Main discussion forum
hopalongrock

about trim with replacement matrix

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris,

as you know, I disabled the Edit-Tag-"Trim trailing and leading spaces" option and now I use a replacement matrix.
It works fine, but there is a problem with the tracks of an album: TGF shows a rectangle at the end of Artist, Title, Album and Year field, although the "illegal characters" option is "Replace with space" and "Trim result" is checked. The file dump shows a binary 0 closing the fields. If I enable the Trim option, TGF removes this character too, so I added \x00 to the space to trim in replacement matrix, and now this works fine.
Is any other character that TGF removes for the Trim option ? I think I could use \s instead of a space (I tried it alone but this doesn't handle the binary 0).

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: about trim with replacement matrix

Post by jtclipper »

The illegal characters affect only the rename part of the formatting so the tag fields with a trailing #0 are unaffected.
There might be an issue if you have tags like that because the Trim function innately removes all control characters (#0 to #31) but I thing regex could take care of that with a range pattern

hopalongrock

Re: about trim with replacement matrix

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:The illegal characters affect only the rename part of the formatting so the tag fields with a trailing #0 are unaffected.
Oh yes, I should wear my glasses, I hardly see the dark gray frame on gray background. Would it be possible to use a stronger framework color ?
jtclipper wrote:There might be an issue if you have tags like that because the Trim function innately removes all control characters (#0 to #31) but I thing regex could take care of that with a range pattern
There is no problem with trim, because I disabled the trim option.
I didn't know about the control chars, corrected the regex with with a pattern, and now works fine.
Thanks.