Regarding 0.87 version - If Renamed (column)

Main discussion forum
curlysue

Regarding 0.87 version - If Renamed (column)

Post by curlysue »

I am new to The GodFather family, and this is my first post.

After reviewing the documentation included with version 0.87 regarding file renaming, I was unable to determine the specific option and syntax to change the DEFAULT "If Renamed" to a format I prefer. For example, prior to installing The GodFather 0.87, I always name my MP3 files as follows . . .

01 - These Are The Days (Live).mp3

. . . where the above track is located in the directory "10,000 Manics" and the sub-directory "MTV Unplugged"

After scanning the main directory where all MP3 files are stored, The GodFather 0.87's default "If Renamed" column wants to rename my file(s), for example, as follows . . .

01.These Are The Days (Live).mp3

. . . and I do not want it renamed beginning with 01., I prefer my file names to remain UNCHANGED as 01 - , etc.

I have reviewed the OPTIONS and while some appear to relate to the "If Renamed" column, most seem ambiguous or not clear to understand.

I have reviewed the HELP/Index . . .

. . . and cannot conclusively determine which setting(s) effect the "If Renamed" column.

Any suggestions and or assistance is sincerly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

CurlySue :)

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Regarding 0.87 version - If Renamed (column)

Post by jtclipper »

At the bottom right corner of the window is the Filename format string.
You can set it to:

Code: Select all

%R% - %T%
to match your current preference or un-check it to disable formatting of the 'If Renamed' column all together.
Furthermore to avoid renaming click the down arrow next to the update button and select Tags only, you can save this option as a column preset as well 'Columns/Presets...'

curlysue

Post by curlysue »

Thanks for your reply and for your support, jtclipper.

So I may cement this knowledge permanently, where may I find this option defined within The GodFather's HELP index?

Thanks again!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The help is in need of an update from my part, the UI of the program changed a while back and most of the changes were explained in these forums but the help file itself did not receive a rewrite.
I have this on my to-do list, that is to describe the work flow of the program for new users and will probably get around it in the next couple of releases after I introduce a few more features.

curlysue

Post by curlysue »

Good to know that my findings were accurate.

I am in touch with help files and alike requiring revisions and updates. I am a consulting engineer and our master elelctrical specifications are in serious need of updating.

Thanks again for all your help - it is greatly appreciated.