Comparing different tags from one file

Main discussion forum
S1000RR

Comparing different tags from one file

Post by S1000RR »

Hello JtClipper and Godfather-Users,

just wanted to filter over my whole music collection the files, where tag fields are identical (artist and album artist / year and original year). I use this for e.g. artists with "The" in the beginning to have the artist name with and without "The". (-> with "The" I use for renaming files, without "The" to organize in folder structure)
Now I wanted to use the filter function on the bottom on the left side to scan for the files which are not equal. But in the value field I can only type characters or numbers, variables are without effect. Is this correct? Is there another way to reach my goal?
Because my case is not really urgent (workaround is to copie the whole list to excel - which works luckiely easy - and filter there) and I dont know how many users would use the possibility, please consider this just as a feedback and not a request.

Thanks again for precious Godfather and especially version 0.86 which works pretty fine!

S1000RR

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Comparing different tags from one file

Post by jtclipper »

Improving the filters to expand %variables% in the value field is a nice feature to have, will check out when and how to implement.
I should be able to give you a script to accomplish the task you are after, but I will need more details on that (for example marking files as 'skip' is easy to do )

S1000RR

Post by S1000RR »

Thank you very much for your offer to provide a skript! Actually I already solved my topic with the workaround with excel, so at the moment I wouldnt need it.
What I did was
- copying the whole list of tracks to excel
- comparing the 2 target tag fields with the formula WHEN(field1 = field2;1;"")
- copying resulting column back to Godfather into a tag field I never use
- saved it and was able to apply your filter function (tagfiledneverused = 1)
Hope I could express myself understandable.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I had a look at the code and it was rather easy to implement %variable% usage at the value field.
The current beta 0.87 install includes this in case you want to check it out.