Couldn't stop scan, when filter was active

Main discussion forum
hopalongrock

Couldn't stop scan, when filter was active

Post by hopalongrock »

I pressed Esc, but when I wanted to click to OK, I saw the hourglass cursor, and TGF/XP didn't accept the click on OK.
I had to stop TGF with the task manager.
I don't know whether it's an one-time occurrence or not.
The Nr. of files is about 34000.

The main problem is, that when I re-started TGF, it again began to filter - I stopped again, renamed the folder, started TGF, it gave an error message about the missing folder, disabled the filter, named back the folder.

Dimitris, maybe TGF could ask at start to filter or not, or could disable the scan ,,,maybe only when TGF didn't finish normally.

Thanks

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Couldn't stop scan, when filter was active

Post by jtclipper »

Trying to reproduce on XP but it seems to work properly.
What kind of filter did you use? there should be a Yes/No dialog each time you press ESC.

There is an option to clear (not use any) filter on startup if that helps

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:Trying to reproduce on XP but it seems to work properly.
This was the only case for me - maybe it was a temporary problem between XP and TGF.
jtclipper wrote:What kind of filter did you use? there should be a Yes/No dialog each time you press ESC.
"Comment" ? *str1* and "Folder name" !? *str2 or
"Comment" !? *str1* and "Folder name" ? *str2

The Yes/No dialog appeared, but XP/TGF didn't accept a click on it, maybe because the hourglass mouse pointer.
jtclipper wrote:There is an option to clear (not use any) filter on startup if that helps
Thanks, it's good for now, because the filter is stored in the Presets - but maybe an unUse (filter conditions in grey) would be better.

I think it would be useful a similar "Don't Auto scan on program start" option there (for the case when Auto scan is enabled), to avoid unnecessary long scan on start, in case of a big folder.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Will consider both suggestions and try to see if they can be implemented in the next betas

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you.