Online and AMG

Main discussion forum
hopalongrock

Online and AMG

Post by hopalongrock »

Could someone explain to me how to use the "Online" menu in general and specifically with AMG, to make TGF to fill the mp3 tags in a downloaded album.
I see how can I search in freedb, Amazon and Musicbrainz, and how TGF fills the right panel with tags.
But I can't see AMG, and don't know how to change the tags in the grid.

Thanks in advance

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Online and AMG

Post by jtclipper »

You need to go to the 'Custom' tab, there is the script based online grabbers.
make sure you select the proper script then click 'homepage', after that its only a matter of navigating to the album page and clicking 'grab..'

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:You need to go to the 'Custom' tab, there is the script based online grabbers.
make sure you select the proper script then click 'homepage', after that its only a matter of navigating to the album page and clicking 'grab..'
OK, I did it with amg.sco, get the album page with the track list, but grab does nothing - probably because I have only XP and IE 8 (the latest for XP) - according to a post IE 10 is needed, it is very unfortunate.

The fix services works fine.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

It's not hard to modify the script to fit older versions of IE HTML.

There is a new script in the 0.87 beta that works with WinXP/IE8, please have a download and test.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

No change, after Grab TGF shows for a very short time the Hour Glass (less than 1 sec).

Oops ! I see XP support is in a new script #amg_xp.sco and it works fine ! Thanks !!!
(Maybe you could integrate this into the original script.)

Full story:
I always used Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape, but updated IE up to 7, and yesterday to IE8 to try AMG.
IE8 is very slow, startup time is 56 sec, including the connecting to the blank home page.

Is this script working with IE7 too ? (If yes, I would try to uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7.)

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

I uninstalled IE8, windows automatically restored IE7, the system is again fast as it was before I installed IE8, and it's wonderful, AMG works with IE7 too.

Thank you!

sofiazoe

Post by sofiazoe »

I see how can I search in freedb, Amazon and Musicbrainz, and how TGF fills the right panel with tags.
But I can't see AMG, and don't know how to change the tags in the grid.....................
Go through the braindumps design tutorial and 350-029 dumps guide to learnuseful web design skills. Become expert in web design with ICDL online course.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Please use the 'Custom' tab then select the appropriate script and after that navigate to the correct page and use the grab button.