Applying Case

Main discussion forum
samerc

Applying Case

Post by samerc »

Hello,

Let me first congratulate you on this wonderful software....i have been using it for quite some time :)

now to my question...i have some songs that have wrong cases in the title field... (She's no good)
however in the options, i have stated that i want every word to be capitalized.
in previous versions i used to do it in the manual tag window, but now i cant seem to find how to do it.

please help me...

Thanks alot,
Samer.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Applying Case

Post by jtclipper »

First you have to set the options you like in the 'formatting/case' then select 'use case' in the tag options.
Now you can use the tag panel to scan and update your files take note of the parameters there to have the job done with unchecked fields just select 'use formatting and save'
Dimitris

samerc

Post by samerc »

Thanks alot, you saved my life :)

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris wrote: First you have to set the options you like in the 'formatting/case' then select 'use case' in the tag options.
Now you can use the tag panel to scan and update your files take note of the parameters there to have the job done with unchecked fields just select 'use formatting and save'
Many times I have to edit fields, for example in Title change "Jukebox" to "Juke box" (I write only one space, tgf will apply case). If save (update), clear the parameters and re-scan, this will be "Juke Box" in the grid, according to my options, but I have to update again, because the tag contains yet "Juke box". It would be desirable to see this result with one re-validate button (naturally I have to Update after this). I thought, Apply will do this (apply options to grid without rescanning the files - as the tool tip says), but it changes Title back to the original "Jukebox".

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Apply will not recurse/scan the folders for files but will re read the current files in the grid and refresh the values from the options/tag fields.
Could use another mode to just format the grid without reading the values from the tag fields though.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris wrote: Could use another mode to just format the grid without reading the values from the tag fields though.
A new Format function/button would be great !