importing and exporting lyrics for Lyrics3 and USLT, how?

Main discussion forum
GwenKillerby

importing and exporting lyrics for Lyrics3 and USLT, how?

Post by GwenKillerby »

A. How do I export the contents of the lyrics field in ID3v1 (Lyrics3 v2.00??)to a similarly named textfile?
B. How do I import the contents a textfile to the lyrics field in ID3v1 (Lyrics3 v2.00??)to a textfile?
C. How do I export the contents of the lyrics field (USLT?) to a textfile?

To be clear, this has to be in batch (or just with one command), for several thousand of files, because, yes of course I can do it one by one, copypasting rulz!, but that kinda sucks. Big time.

And yes, the end result would be one mp3 with the lyrics in 2 places.

So, in the case of [A] and [C] if the song:
U2-Please.mp3
contained lyrics there should be a textfile made, called:
U2-Please.txt
with the lyrics inside of course, preferably in the same directory or folder. Or, how do I make sure that it goes in the same directory?

So, in the case of there would already be such a text file, from which lyrics were imported.

To be clear: NO, i do NOT want to import from the internet directly, cost too much.

Thanks!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: importing and exporting lyrics for Lyrics3 and USLT, how

Post by jtclipper »

You can use the Tools/'Lyrics and Pictures...' menu to export your lyrics (ID3v2 and/or LYRICS3) with the options you mentioned.

To import you can use the #load_lyrics script which will scan for a .txt file named after your audio file to do the import. If you only want to use the LYRICS3 tag format upon import make sure you go to options/tags/id3 and select ID3v1 in the update and 'use lyrics3'.
Test the import with a couple of files first then go full scale.

I suggest you also download and use the latest 085 beta.

GwenKillerby

Post by GwenKillerby »

You can use the Tools/'Lyrics and Pictures...'
If only there was a menu item called Tools, but there isn't in the 081.
So, can u please thell me where to find that?

Thanks

virustotal likes you, so for the mo, im sticking with you.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6634 ... 361992637/

even the beta!

you should like totally get a stamp or something "Approved by 46 viruscheckers"

congrats.
Last edited by GwenKillerby on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Its 'Batch...' in the current version and 'Tools' in the beta

GwenKillerby

Post by GwenKillerby »

okay, yes, in the meantime, I've found that one already. I just don't really like betas, so there.
but I'm using it now.

I have NOT found a way to export them all to likenamed textfiles, or to the lyrics3 field. Can't you write like, say, a tutorial??

TGF is kinda pretty, sorta.
maybe you should do that programming shit IRL, you know?

Question:
Can I have a view that customizes the columns, so that I just see
Artist = Song = Album = Lyrics3 = USLT??

That would be so great.

That Ctrl-G thing is so great, beats the Tag&Rename one.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The filename format should be %F% and not %F, that will take care of the filenames.

You can have the view you want but lyrics will not differentiate between the two different tag formats , it will be a checkbox ticked if any of those exist or just blank otherwise.

What is your actual goal, do you want to move the USLT ID3v2 frame into to the LYRICS3 tag while keeping both tags?

GwenKillerby

Post by GwenKillerby »

A.
jtclipper wrote:What is your actual goal, do you want to move the USLT ID3v2 frame into to the LYRICS3 tag while keeping both tags?
I really hate it when apparently i'm so unclear people ask me for my actual goal!!!

I want to copy the lyrics between the two lyrics fields, cos Winamp sees Lyrics3 and my phone sees USLT. So that I have the lyrics in TWO places inside one MP3 file, yes. So, can TGF do that?

If that's still unclear, plse say so.

update:
okay, I kinda sorta figured out how to do it, at least, I think so, using this:
jtclipper wrote:To import you can use the #load_lyrics script which will scan for a .txt file named after your audio file to do the import. If you only want to use the LYRICS3 tag format upon import make sure you go to options/tags/id3 and select ID3v1 in the update and 'use lyrics3'.
I can now import the lyrics into the Lyrics3 tag/field (but I didn't know it could only do ANSI, it doesn't accept utf-8!)
I am still figuring out what happens to the lyrics in USLT field/tag, with all the options. It erases the Lyrics3 if one unselects that ID3v1 box under "Update"???

questions B and C still stand, and this one too:
I looked (not very hard) but couldn't find a tutorial on the Options dialog box? Can you point me to such a tutorial, please?

B.
I still don't understand how to limit the number of columns in the ALL view, or, how to customize the ALL view to view with the columns I'd like to see.
Can I have a view that customizes the columns, so that I just see:
Artist = Song = Album = path = comment = Lyrics??

C.
"USLT ID3v2 frame"??
I don't really know the difference between frame, tag, field or if they all mean the same thing. what are the differences? (That ID3 site doesn't make it thát much clearer, so...???)

D.
jtclipper wrote:You can have the view you want but lyrics will not differentiate between the two different tag formats , it will be a checkbox ticked if any of those exist or just blank otherwise.
that's sad, I wanted to be able view them both. But okay.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Ok in that case you can use a script to populate the LYRICS3 tag :

Code: Select all

program sync_lyrics3;

begin
  if not tg_Init then exit; // no rows get out

repeat
    tg_LoadFile;
    if (gTag.Lyrics2 <> '') and (gTag.Lyrics1 = '' ) then begin
       gTag.SaveToFile( 1, false, false );
       tg_RefreshRow;
    end;
  until not tg_Skip;
end.
The above script will check if you have content in the USLT frame and go ahead and save it into the LYRICS3 also.
Yes ID3v1 & LYRICS3 are ANSI only, so be aware of that.
You must have the Options/Tags/ID3 'use lyrics3' checked, the update options can be set to whatever you like, because the script specifically saves the ID3v1 tag.

In case you want to compare the two fields and do an actual sync the script can be easily modified to that that as well.

To create a custom view click the columns button then check the ones you like and click accept, then go ahead and rearrange them in the grid, finally click the down arrow near the columns button select 'Presets..', there click the New button fill in your name then click save.

Test the script with a few files before you go full scale.

GwenKillerby

Post by GwenKillerby »

Thanks for the quick reply

columns:
OMG! I always clicked the drop down button, never the actual button. I have managed to customize that. Is it possible to move the columns about so that Lyrics becomes the first column? It seems like that's not possible, sadly, am I correct about that?

script:
Wow, I managed to insert that script, and yes that seems to work, but I have some lyrics which are UTF so that effs it up a bit.
Can you point to where i can learn more about this type of scripting? Is this perl or java or c##?

Thanks for all.

Gwen

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

In the actual grid, just click and drag the columns to wherever you like, re-size them and even click to sort (shift click sorts by multiple columns)
Then go to presets, select yours, click replace and then save.

The scripts are plain Delphi language syntax with several TGF internal functions which you can read about in the help file.

GwenKillerby

Post by GwenKillerby »

delphi, huh?

hmmmm, idk about that

but thanks.