Field names in capital letters

Main discussion forum
Wurlitzer

Field names in capital letters

Post by Wurlitzer »

Is there an option to avoid that the custom tag field names were written in capital letters? For example: I want to have "Styles" instead of "STYLES"

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Field names in capital letters

Post by jtclipper »

There is no option for that.
How do you use the fields? maybe there is a way to display them the way you like regardless of the internal representation.

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

I use the custom fields also in other software. For example I use Helium Music Manager. There I can map this custom fields, but with some field names in capital letters there are problems and the programmers are not able to fix this (or they do not understand the problem). Other software only list all TXXX frames in a table and it looks better when the custom field names aren't in capital letters.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Try this first, open an mp3 file with a hex editor and manually change a TXXX field to the way you want it.
Then try the other software and see how they behave, maybe they just display the name in capitals (no matter what) or just convert it to capitals (its somewhat of a standard)
I am thinking of adding some sort of field mapping but will just have to think about the details and implementation regarding ID3 a bit more.

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

Hi jtclipper,

the other programs I use beside TGF (Helium Music Manager, ID3-Tagit) don't touch the notation of the tag field names. Only TGF changes them into capital letters.