Album Art Downloading / Viewing

Main discussion forum
manicjonah

Album Art Downloading / Viewing

Post by manicjonah »

Is there a way to simply download album art?
Is it possible to select the art I want to use?
Is it possible to prevent AMG from updating album art, I don't see it as one of the options under the 'Use' menu?
Is there a column or field I can enable that will show me what album art is embedded in a track's tag? I find that if I right-click on a track I can get what I need from the Properties or full tag edit windows but I'm looking for something that gives me an at-a-glance view of a track's tags including the embedded album art.

Thanks for the help. I'm just getting started with the GodFather and am looking forward to mastering it.

MJ

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Album Art Downloading / Viewing

Post by jtclipper »

You can lock all fields except 'Picture' to have only album art downloaded in the same manner you can Use only 'Picture' to have only album art updated in the files.
There is no functionality to browse through files showing their cover art in the tagger only in the library but its on my wish list to add this kind of info in the tag panel

manicjonah

Post by manicjonah »

I have an issue with one of the web sources at the moment because it includes the wrong album art in the data that is fetched. I've elected not to download the picture available now what is the quickest way to add a picture that I download from Google Images to all of the tracks?

I switched to the Tag tab but I can't figure out how to make global changes. Another example: I am tagging a 2Pac album at the moment. Although the online source lists the artist's name as 2Pac, The Godfather tags each track with artist = 2pac.

I'm sure the problem has something to do with the case settings but I wanted to quickly fix it by highlighting all of the tracks and correcting the tag - how is it done? I thought, perhaps, the bottom half of the Tag window might be the place to make these changes but if it is, I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the continued help.

MJ

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The easiest way is to right click/copy image from your web browser then switch over to TGF and right click/paste from clipboard on the album info panel's image, then proceed to update your files in one go.
An alternative would be to use the Tag panel check the 'Picture' check box on the bottom and proceed from there.

To have 2Pac appear as is go to Options/formatting/case and add one more entry to the Exceptions list.