Web security in The Godfather (or lack of)

Main discussion forum
raggatip

Web security in The Godfather (or lack of)

Post by raggatip »

Been using this application for the past 6 odd years. Love it to bits and is the third most used piece of software on my computer after the operating system and my web browser. So what a surprise to find that it's just been updated! Unbelievable! So since work has restarted on this wonderful app. then perhaps I could make a cheeky request?

One thing on my wish list would be for The Godfather to use the Mozilla engine for web search instead of internet explorer and the facility to add addons such as noscript and other web security addons. I think that currently The Godfather isn't very secure as it is effectively a web browser but without the security features of most modern web browsers. Users cannot clear recent history as with most browsers perhaps it would be an option to do this on exit?

Thanks to Dimitris for your work on this application and all others who have helped him along the way.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Web security in The Godfather (or lack of)

Post by jtclipper »

The IE engine is used on the build in browser its a standard web browser Delphi component, there are a few params i can set to avoid history been saved and such I might have a look at it.
Gecko support for Delphi is at its best broken and not very practical to use, there is word that firefox 4 and the new engine will provide better support we'll just have to wait and see.
Dimitris

atagal

Post by atagal »

BTW would be great to disable script debug on IE

Popups on discogs are quite annoying...

raggatip

Post by raggatip »

I agree with Atagal  that is a bit a nuisance but I have tolerated it for so long so I can live with it for a little longer :) Good to see you back though Dimitris.