Why is this file officially invalid but is still read?

Main discussion forum
jbscout

Why is this file officially invalid but is still read?

Post by jbscout »

I swear TGF used to be able to read M4B/M4A files, correct? I am not going mad here?
Every time I go ages without using a feature and then I try to use it again, I wonder what special needs of the feature I forgot.
Anyhow, as of late both TGF 0.79b2 and 0.81b3 have been telling me every M4B file I come across is invalid and cannot be displayed, editted, or renamed.
This despite the Rename feature correctly reading the M4B tags and proposing a name (e.g., author - album - track - title.m4b) for the file. Rename is then unable to actually write the renamed file.
So, I am stumped.
When importing the TGF Log says:
INVALID file-01 01-Track 01.m4b
C:\Users\jbscout\Music\tmp\Robert Harris\01 01-Track 01.m4b
The operation completed successfully
When attempting to write (rename) the TGF Logs says:
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
Cannot rename file!!
C:\Users\jbscout\Music\tmp\Robert Harris\01 01-Track 01.m4b
=>
C:\Users\jbscout\Music\tmp\Robert Harris\Robert Harris - Lustrum - 01 - 01-Track 01.m4b
Now, if I go in with the tool "Unlocker" (http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/), Unlocker says that the file is in use by TGF, not once but twice. Same PID, two different Handles 880 & 4616. I take that to mean one handle for the file import and a second handle for the failed rename.
If I then use Unlocker to unlock the files after they've been imported. I can then rename them.
I have attached the offending file. If the forum will allow me to post it, it will be renamed to get past the file filter (M4B->XYZ).
Help is appreciated.

jbscout

Re: Why is this file officially invalid but is still read?

Post by jbscout »

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I had a look at the file it has something to do with an irregular tag field name/structure.

Please re download the latest beta, I did a silent fix/update and let me know if it works for you

jbscout

Post by jbscout »

Redownloaded the latest beta.
Works well now!

Thanks