tag updating / file date change

Main discussion forum
hopalongrock

tag updating / file date change

Post by hopalongrock »

I should like to avoid the unnecessary file date change in tag update, when nothing has changed.
If I change explicitly something in the grid, I can select the Row mode, but I have to know what lines I changed, or when I change tag data of the file I have to select the line.

But my main problem is when the use case/replacement setting or a template or parameter setting causes change.

I need that TGF update only those files, where something has changed, no matter what the reason.

This occurs when I make a new replacement, for example from "`" to "'", and apply it for all files (I have about 110000 mp3), and in fact it occurs in 100 cases. In the reality I have very, very many replacement rule, the filtering is not alternative in this case.

The problem is, that I lose the previous date of the actually unmodified files too, and a backup will copy all files unnecessarily because of the new date.

Can I achieve this somehow now?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: tag updating / file date change

Post by jtclipper »

You can check the 'ignore correct' button in the toolbar and actually do a scan of the files not an apply, this way only the files that need updating will appear in the grid.

hopalongrock

Re: tag updating / file date change

Post by hopalongrock »

I need glasses - and I use this "ignore correct" option always in Rename.

Many thanks !!!