How to erase fields

Main discussion forum
FabTheBab

How to erase fields

Post by FabTheBab »

Hello,
I'm desperatly trying to erase a comment field but it is never saved. I used to do this on previous versions of TGF without any problems but, since I've installed 0.80 the change is ignored.
I also tried to use a script to erase comments and few other fields without any success.

Does anybody knows how to do this ?

Thanx

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to erase fields

Post by jtclipper »

On the tag panel and on the bottom part of the screen click template, then select the comment field and leave it empty, now go to parameters and check 'clean fields that are left empty'.
Hit scan observe the results and hit update when its ok.

S1000RR

Post by S1000RR »

Hello jtclipper,
first thanks for the great SW.
Hello everybody,
I tried to delete a comment in a tag like you described but it doesnt work, although the files have not write protection.
Its also not possible to change a comment. I can enter the new parameter and apply it. Then I see the change in the list above. But when I update I see shortly a small popup which sign that it works, but the parameters are still the old ones if I look up the tag information. I already tried several changes in setting, also the 0.81 beta2 version. But no success. Seems to be one little checkbox missing somwhere ... Thanks for your help in advance.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Basically what you see in the grid will update the tags when you hit update, what is displayed in the result column for that file?
Please provide the actions you take and what is the result you are looking for so we can check your options/parameters and the file and format you use.

S1000RR

Post by S1000RR »

Thanks for your quick reply. I made a screenshot which should show my action. The column year in the grid on top shows already the 1971 (which it should be). But in the popup fileinfo you see it is still 1972. Also in my browser 1972 is still shown.
Attachments
The GodFather    GZZ31_MusikGrand Funk RailroadE Pluribus Funk (1972)_2012-01-29_22-38-13.png
The GodFather GZZ31_MusikGrand Funk RailroadE Pluribus Funk (1972)_2012-01-29_22-38-13.png (80.03 KiB) Viewed 6618 times

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Please click the update button, its the one before the 'Batch Jobs..', apply or scanning will populate the grid with the values you set, for you to see edit and approve, hitting the update button will actually save the data into your files

S1000RR

Post by S1000RR »

What you see is the status after pressing the "Update" Button (for several times). Like in my first post there is popping up a blue line (sorry dont know the correct wording) for less than a second, but the files dont change, even if they dont have write protection.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The third column (result column) should be populated with some kind of message if the update succeeds or has problems, in your case nothing seems to appear there.
Please send me your tgf.ini file and the mp3 file you want to write to, so i can check what's the issue.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I checked your options and it seems that you have selected to update only ID3v2 in Options/tags/ID3, that's the reason you still see the old value for year in the ID3v1 tag.
Also if you want to clean a field in the tag panel then in the parameters there please select 'clean fields that are left empty' and it should be fine.

S1000RR

Post by S1000RR »

I switched the option TAG > ID3 > ID3v1 to ID3v1&ID3v2 and it worked perfect. Thanks for your help!

Dale92

Post by Dale92 »

Thank you very much for this question and your comments!
That's very useful for me.
I don't know much about computers, as far as usually I just use social nets and some games.
So, when I faced such problem, that was really great to find the answer here ;)

Thanks a lot!