Where are the "Powerful Case Conversion" options?

Main discussion forum
Moses

Where are the "Powerful Case Conversion" options?

Post by Moses »

Hi,
I can not for the life of me find how to access these wonderful Case Conversion options that are advertised in the main features. The only mention of them I can find is in the 'Manual Edit' window where I can select 'Custom Case' but how to edit this with "all the options you would ever want" is eluding me.

Also, I have 2000 mp3s all in FULL CAPS that I want to Change To First Letter Of Each Word Caps, but how to batch edit this I also cannot find, aside from the 'Use case' box under 'Format' in 'Options' in the 'Tag' window, which doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'd absolutely love to access the powerful case options! Any help is greatly appreciated as the help file and the rest of the internet has not been very helpful :(

Thanks,

Moses

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where are the "Powerful Case Conversion" options?

Post by jtclipper »

Have a look at options in formatting/case first and select proper case then go options/rename and make sure 'use case' is checked, if you want to use just the filename for your renaming pattern then uncheck the 'use variables' and 'use replacement matrix' options.
Now go to the rename panel select your folder in the tree and hit scan , if you like what you see hit rename.

Moses

Post by Moses »

Formatting/Case options? Is that under File/Options or somewhere on the interface? (I can't find anything that says "formatting" and "Case" together bar the obvious box in 'Format Options' under the 'Rename' tab that you mentioned in your second step.

I assume this elusive screen is where you build 'custom case' parameters?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Moses

Post by Moses »

What I want to achieve is 'Every Word With Capital Letter' as opposed to 'Every Word that is a Noun, Verb or Adjective with Capital' like proper case impliments.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Go to file/options, then in this window you will see the options tree on the left, there you will see the formatting branch and the case option underneath it

Moses

Post by Moses »

OK, I'm not getting that :(

Here's a screenshot after hitting File/Options to see if what I've got is normal:

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

You are using an old version please install the newer one

Moses

Post by Moses »

Right my bad - used an elderly install file :-X

Thanks for the help! My 2000 files are done!

Have fun

Allan