A couple suggestions (Musicbrainz!)

Main discussion forum
Benji99

A couple suggestions (Musicbrainz!)

Post by Benji99 »

Hi Dimitris,

I'm really glad that you decided to continue development of The Godfather, unfortunately for me, things have dramatically changed in the years since I was using TGF extensively. Mainly, I used to rely on AMG for metadata, but my scripts got broken at some point, didn't feel like fixing them and have been for some time relying exclusively on Musicbrainz. As such I haven't been using TGF since you started development again.

I think Musicbrainz is becoming pretty awesome, especially with the NGS update. I would love it if you added deep support for Musicbrainz, through the UI as well as through scripting. The extensive data stored in Musicbrainz along with the still powerful and unequaled scripting capabilities of TGF would make for a very powerful tagging tool!

Another feature which would be pretty awesome for me is the ability to store persistent information in a database of sort available to scripts. This way I could store certain kinds of information that repeat from album to album (perhaps some artist info).

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A couple suggestions (Musicbrainz!)

Post by jtclipper »

Musicbrainz is in my todolist, when that will happen i really dont know, amg is supported right now and the default script provided works quite well.
You could use text files to store info and retreive it for persistency (not as usefull as a real database i know)