ID3v1 Tagging

Main discussion forum
Wurlitzer

ID3v1 Tagging

Post by Wurlitzer »

Hello,

maybe it's a stupid question and I have overseen something, but where can I directly edit the ID3v1 tags?

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ID3v1 Tagging

Post by jtclipper »

If you dont want Id3v2 at all you can set your ID3 options to only read/write ID3v1 and even remove ID3v2.
If you want to directly edit ID3v1 you will have to use 'full tag edit' and the press 'Switch to LYRICS3' button this will edit/save the ID3v1 tags and if they are too long LYRICS tags (extended ID3v1) will be used also.
Dimitris

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

Hello Dimitris,

thanks for the info. I want to use both ID3v1 and ID3v2 for compatibility reasons, but I want to edit them separately. Maybe it would be better to label the ID3v1 editing from "Switch to Lyrics3" into "Switch to ID3v1/Lyrics3". Another question: Is multiple edit of ID3v1 possible?

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The only way to have ID3v1 and ID3v2 edited in batch separately is to play around with the options do your updates then change them so you can write the first time v1 and the second time v2.
I had the separate Id3v1 edit feature removed because there so many other tag formats that it was getting awkward to support dual processing.
Dimitris