Opening one file in Tag /Rename

Main discussion forum
hopalongrock

Opening one file in Tag /Rename

Post by hopalongrock »

My folders are too big, the scan is very long, and sometimes I have to correct some tags, and rename the file.
I'm doing now as follows: rename the file, open it in Winamp and edit the tags.
If there are more files, I copy them into an empty folder, opened in TGF, scan it, correct the tags, rename and copy back.
I've just discovered, if I create a playlist file (I can do it very easily in my commander), then I can edit and rename the files, opening the playlist in Tag/Rename.

But for a single file an "Open File" button would be the best (fastest) in Tag/Rename.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Opening one file in Tag /Rename

Post by jtclipper »

You open playlist files in TGF also using the playlists button in tag or rename grids
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Yes, but I thought that if I want to edit , rename a simple file in Tag, Rename, it was me easier to open the file directly, than create a playlist and open it.

If I had to handle many files, it would be a big help, to re-open just the previously opened playlist (without naming it), and/or rename from the tag panel directly: in this case I shouldn't re-open and name my playlist

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I see, you can try using the 'file mask' filter on the bottom left to get the file you want, if that helps, it is quite fast in the search.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you, it's really very fast ! My main folder contains 29000 files, and the search only a second or less.

Would it be possible, to extend sometime the file name mask to 50 chars  or even bigger? Now the max length is 20 chars only, as I see.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I forgot about that, will make it 256 char long in the next beta release.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Maybe I am wrong, but I think this work only in the current selected folder, if I give a file name with full path out of the current folder, tgf doesn't find it.
And to go to a  subfolder of very big folder (like my archive) is much more time, than opening with a playlist.
In my main folder (29000) it OK.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

It is just a filter applied to the current scan, the checkbox 'subfolders' sets wether or not the search will recurse in to the folder structure in the disk
Dimitris