Comments displaying difference

Main discussion forum
hopalongrock

Comments displaying difference

Post by hopalongrock »

Tgf 080 displays in Tag / comment field only the exact "comment" named field (COMM frame). The previous versions displayed here sometimes a multiline comment.
In the case what I see the comment field is empty, no comments are displayed in the new version. The fields displayed here in the old version, are displayed in the new version in Properties  - User & other fields with their name (beginning with #TCOM, as composer frames) and value.
I don't need these, and remove them manually.
Is an option to remove these User & other fields automatically ?

Edit: I tried to disable "try to preserve all id3v2 frames", but no change.
Last edited by hopalongrock on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Comments displaying difference

Post by jtclipper »

The #TCOM is just a placeholder i use to display multiple comments in the user fields. I use it to write back to the file the multi comments, if any.
I did not want to bloat the UI even more with a specific grid for multi/user comments and that does the trick.

If you want to get rid of those specific fields or user fields alltogether then a simple script can do the job for you, if you want to use one i'll post it in the scripts forum.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Re: Comments displaying difference

Post by hopalongrock »

I would like only simply delete all User & other fields.

The "clear all user fields" button is good, but I have to look into all files to click on.
A script would be better for all file, but it isn't automatically started.

That's why I thought to an "clear all user fields" option, for example next to "try to preserve all id3v2 frames" option.