AMG Interface Update - Any Scripts Ready for This?

Main discussion forum
thrashed

AMG Interface Update - Any Scripts Ready for This?

Post by thrashed »

I've been using The Godfather for years and have relied on the 2005 version to help me tag thousands of MP3/FLAC files. It was great to check the forum and find a new version available after all these years.

So, I loaded up the new beta and was ready to tag off AMG when I find out that AMG has done another interface update.

Are there any scripts ready to help with this change? The Godfather + AMG were a great pair!

GHammer

Re: AMG Interface Update - Any Scripts Ready for This?

Post by GHammer »

It'll still get the selection info for an album and since the rest is right there, you can copy/paste it to the proper fields.
But, yes, I like it automated as far as possible too.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I plan to release 0.80 final this weekend, scripts will be updated.
Dimitris

thrashed

Post by thrashed »

Dimitris -- It's great to have you back. The Godfather is one of my most used software applications and I'm glad to see you've decided to make additional updates. You 'da man!

Thanks for planning on updating the AMG scripts. They are the lifeblood of my tagging workflow. One thing you may have noticed is that th new AMG interface now identifies multi-CD sets as "Disc 1", "Disc 2," etc. It would be great if The Godfather parses these in a Track 1, Track 2 format so that a if the AMG entry has 17 tracks for Disc 1 and 16 for Disc 2, The Godfather pulls them is as Tracks 1 - 33.

Also, do you plan to updat the scripts for pulling in CDs with "Various Artists" in a manner that the previous version of your software did?

Thanks!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I'll have a look at multi disk albums
Also try checking the 'force various button' (first one in the album info toolbar) to have the values parsed in compilation style.
Dimitris

antonellocaroli

Post by antonellocaroli »

Must also change the scripts in the library....

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

I still can't get over my amazement that there is actually a new version of TGF. Thanks again Dimitris--you've got the best tagging software out there, and I'm so glad to see you working on it again.

I too greatly depend on AMG import for proper, consistent tagging of all my albums. Will this script be the equivalent of the built-in AMG import in .72? One of my favorite things about AMG tagging is the styles and themes. Will this script grab those fields too like the old AMG import? I've also wondered if you could grab the "Moods" field too and map it to the "Mood" ID3v2 tag?

Finally, I was wondering about Classical. Is there a script that can parse AMG's Classical format? I know there have been scripts for that in the past but I never had much luck with them. I'm hopeless at scripting myself, but wondered if Dimitris or one of the other talented folks here could provide a script to properly grab the info for the Classical albums too?

Thank you so much. Seeing a new version and a buzzing forum has totally made my day!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I might have a look at classical but its not a priority right now, it should be easy to modify a script we'll see.
Dimitris

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

Hi Dimitris... I saw you released 0.80 final---great! But sadly I still can't get the amg scripts to work. Did you update them for the new AMG site or am I maybe doing something wrong? I load up the album and then click the Grab button (just as I have done in previous versions) but the album info pane never populates.

Has anyone else had the same experience with 0.80 final?

Thanks very much for any help.

GHammer

Post by GHammer »

It's working you have to choose the Homepage to get to AMG.

I get a constant Script Error every fetch. It is line 540 COMSCORE is undefined.

Still gets the info, just needs an answer every fetch.

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

Thank you for the report... I will try installing on a different PC and try it again.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Make sure you are on the correct page before hitting grab,
also make sure that you have the latest script files installed (just delete the old script files before you install although its not needed)
If an error occurs then it is IE popping the error and it's not related to any code in the TGF script, disable script debugging in IE for this.
Dimitris

antonellocaroli

Post by antonellocaroli »

The new script (amg) it seems that no matter the comments

jbo

Post by jbo »

This is working great in 0.80 version.

GHammer

Post by GHammer »

Dimitris wrote: Make sure you are on the correct page before hitting grab,
also make sure that you have the latest script files installed (just delete the old script files before you install although its not needed)
If an error occurs then it is IE popping the error and it's not related to any code in the TGF script, disable script debugging in IE for this.
For a test, I restarted the machine, then tried Online, AMG.sco (via the homepage button)
The error is there from the first search, and continues with each click inside (discography, choose the album).
When I have the right album details shown, clicking grab produces two errors at different points in the process of getting all the info.

All is grabbed, it is just the script error at certain stages.

I have Disable script debugging (I.E. and other) checked and Display a notification about every script error unchecked.

I can do the same procedure with an actual browser with no errors at all.