AMG Interface Update - Any Scripts Ready for This?

Main discussion forum
antonellocaroli

Re: AMG Interface Update - Any Scripts Ready for This?

Post by antonellocaroli »

antonellocaroli wrote: The new script (amg) it seems that no matter the comments
the problem was only with an album ... Pardon

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

It's working great for me on another computer (with IE8) so thanks very much Dimitris!

GHammer could it possibly be due to your IE version? I don't know the reasons those errors come up. I have seen them occur from within TGB before but as of today no more!

As an aside, has anyone else seen how awful AMG's album search is becoming? It's always been bad if an album had a common title, but even obscure album titles are sometimes not showing up in album search (for example "Band of Joy" as a search doesn't seem to pull up the Robert Plant album in search results, but if I search instead for artist Robert Plant of course I can pull it up from his discography.

And actually lately AMG has been putting duplicates of albums in the search results (which also show up in the Other Editions section of a particular album), so I've found just doing an artist search and then drilling down from the discography is the best way to go (unless its a compilation--at which point sometimes I have to search by song title to get to the right ablum!). AMG or Rovi or whatever it's called now has a goldmine of a database but their search is really terrible.

Thanks again all. It's so great to be able to tag again... my favorite new feature is when you try to apply the AMG album details it warns you if the track durations are obviously wrong. That saved me a couple of times already today!

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

OK guys sorry to keep pestering everyone but does anyone have AMG grabbing working successfully on Windows 7? I am running Win7 Ultimate 32bit and I can load up the album's AMG page fine, but when I hit "Grab" nothing happens. No errors or anything, just nothing appears in the Album Info pane.

I had this issue a few days ago, but then tried it in Windows XP Mode (virtual machine) with IE8 and it worked fine over there. So my thinking was that something was messed up on my Win7 machine. So I completely wiped the partition and reinstalled Windows and all my apps, including TGF. Unfortunately though it still doesn't work. Hitting the Grab button (even several times) doesn't Grab anything, and I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

I have tried disabling all IE add-ons just in case one of them was interfering, but got the same behavior.

So does anyone have it working properly with AMG in Windows 7 (either 32 or 64 bit)? If no one else has, then at least I know the issue is not with my particular computer.

Dimitris, do you have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Thanks very much.

antonellocaroli

Post by antonellocaroli »

I have Windows 7 32-bit works!
srcript have selected the right? amg.sco

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

Thank you. I figured out you must "Run as administrator" (or turn off User Account Control feature). I thought I had tried that earlier today but I guess I didn't.

It works fine now, and maybe if someone else has the same issue they will see this post and realize that "Run as administrator" is required for AMG grab.