Tags fields are listened empty (but they aren't)

Main discussion forum
moodhound

Tags fields are listened empty (but they aren't)

Post by moodhound »

Hello

I've actually updatet my GF to 0.80 so thanks for the great effort of this community. The problem is now, that i can't see the tags instead of the "file" field. but the tags exists.
does anybody know, how to fix this problem?
thanks a lot

and specially thanks for the great programm!

moodhound

hopalongrock

Re: Tags fields are listened empty (but they aren't)

Post by hopalongrock »

Where don't you see tags, only file name ?
There is no Manual panel, only Tag panel - here now the upper part is the grid, with file name, and tags (track#, artist, ...), the lower part is for the (scan) template (what fill into grid columns) and parameters (options for working here).

stesjo

Post by stesjo »

Hi.
I have the same prob.
I have worked TGF for many years. A fantastic program!!! I love it.
I have worked with 0.70 all the time, and it have been fine, but yesterday I saw that 0.80 was available since a while, and upgraded.

I think that you mean the same as I have probs with.
In 0.70, when clicking TAG and scanned, it showed in the grid the filename, and all the things currently in the fields.
You could then use the options (in 0.70 in the upper part, but now in the lower part), to fill albumnames, static or with %xxx.

But now, in 0.80, only filenames are visable. Not the things that are in the tags. If you rightclick a file and select "Full tag edit" you can see that there actually are things in the fields, but it does not show up in the grid.
In 0.70 it looked like the pic http://www.jtclipper.eu/thegodfather/FW ... /s_tag.jpg. (I'd really liked this look better, but that is maybe just cosmetic...)
This makes the tagging operation not so easy. If you cant see in an easy way what you have, you cant fill in what you need either.
So for me, if there are not any otions I have missed that solve this, I thing I'll get back to good old 0.70, unfourtunatly...
Bad, cause .80 probably have a lot of other stuffed fixed.

An inpact this seems to give is that if you only want to change some tags, and fill in for example a comment in the lower part, and the apply and update, the fields in the mp3 gets cleared out! In 0.70, all the fields you did not write anything in, they did not get touched when updating.

Have I missed someting or is it this way now? In this case, I dont see how I can use the program...

Anyone have any ideas about this?
/Stefan

stesjo

Post by stesjo »

Interresting...
I now tested to install on another, clean XP-machine.
There everything worked fine!

So, I now uninstalled the program on my Win7-machine, deleted all remaining files in "Program files", cleaned registry an reinstalled.

And now it looks fine, and seems to work as expected :-)
/Stefan

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Set Parameter -> Basic Fields -> Unchecked Fields to "Use formatting & save". The default is  - I think - Ignore (Leave blank in the grid).

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

The issue is that an old ini file is used.
A recomended install for .80 should use a new ini file, so many things changed internally that some options will default to unwanted values.
Dimitris