OS X port

Main discussion forum
philtre

OS X port

Post by philtre »

Hi,
I've been a Godfather user for many years now and it is hands down the best tagging and renaming tool ever!
My problem is, I recently switched to Mac and there is nothing remotely like this app available for OS X.
I tried installing it under Wine, but it crashes on launch.
So I also tried installing Tag&Rename under Wine, just to see if it works, and it does, but it lacks flexibility, especially in the "filename to tag" department.
When installing a program under Wine, there's an option to install also libraries such as  .NET or DirectX, in case the program needs them.
Can you tell me what those dependencies are for The Godfather and also if there is any chance for a native Mac OS X port (can't hurt to ask :)

thanks, p.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OS X port

Post by jtclipper »

You are missing ADO, I am not sure if that installs on wine or not.
Dimitris

philtre

Post by philtre »

Hi Dimitris,
Thanks for your reply. I fiddled around a bit with Wine and I managed to get The Godfather working!

The procedure is as follows:
1. Download and install WineBottler for Mac OS X (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/)
2. Download the Windows installer for The Godfather
3. Run WineBottler
4. Select "Create Custom Prefixes"
5. Under "Install File", select the installer for The Godfather you downloaded
6. Under "Winetricks", check "mdac28" and "jet40" (optionally for functionality that requires internet access, check also "wininet", "winhttp", "urlmon", haven't tested this)
7. Optionally check "Self-contained" if you want to install transfer app to a different machine that hasn&t got Wine installed (haven't tested this either)
8. Click Install
9. Choose the name and folder for the finished app (e.g. "TheGodFather.app")
10. Confirm all the dialog boxes
11. When presented with the "Select Startfile", select "Program Files/The GodFather/TheGodFather.exe"
12. Run "TheGodFather.app"

Your Macintosh HD will be mounted as the Z:/ drive

Thanks again,
p.

jbo

Post by jbo »

Another option is installing VMWare Fusion, Parallels Desktop or Virtual Box on your Mac and install a virtual machine with Windows.

Jefsetax

Post by Jefsetax »

Hi,
I follow the procedure of philtre but at the step 11 I've got an error message.
Runtime error 217 at 00533C85
How can I fix it?
Thanks for answers.
I apology for my english I'm french.